Open joint-stock company “SEZ “Titanium Valley” is a managing company of special economic zone of industrial-production type, which was established on December 16, 2010. The SEZ is located in Verkhnaya Salda district of the Sverdlovsk region, in the immediate vicinity of Verkhnaya Salda city and next to the world leader in titanium production VSMPO-AVISMA Corporation.
The only shareholder of OJSC “SEZ” Titanium Valley” is subject of Russian Federation – Sverdlovsk Region.
GENERAL CHARACTERISTICS OF PROJECT «TITANIUM VALLEY»
- - SEZ "Titanium Valley" is developed as a special economic zone (SEZ) of industrial-production type
- - Priority industries – titanium products, manufacturing components and equipment for metallurgy, mechanical engineering, medicine; production of construction materials and woodworking.
- - Choice of the SEZ's name is due to its direct proximity to the world's largest manufacturer of titanium products – the VSMPO-AVISMA Corporation OJSC
- - SEZ "Titanium Valley" is located between two large cities in Sverdlovsk region – Verkhnaya Salda and Nizhni Tagil
- - Total area – 391,1 ha: phase 1 site "Salda@, area 295.4 ha, phase 2 site "Uktus", area 95,7 ha.
- Presentation about SEZ Titanium valley
MAIN OBJECTIVES OF CREATING SEZ «TITANIUM VALLEY»:
- Increasing the “depth” of titanium processing by Russian industries, extending the use of titanium products in the economy, providing Russian industrial complex with a wide range of ready titanium products;
- Strengthening role of Russia in the world market of titanium products for aerospace industries, extending sphere of Russia’s presence in the world titanium market
- Creating conditions for large-scale attraction of investment into the region’s industry
- Creating large territorial clusters on the basis of special economic zone.